DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 06 Mar 2021, 09:00

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2013, 13:04 

Is there someone here who provides custom circuits?
I have a device that is adjusted with a 10K ohm variable resistor. I want to replace this resistor with a circuit that does the following:
Receives a timed pulse from a N.O. manual switch (I will handle the switch)
Converts the time into a resistance value and recalcs with each set of pulses (current and previous pulse only, no averaging).
As an example:
I want to produce the same resistance as my resistor set at 99% by sending a set of pulses that are .1 seconds apart. If I send pulses that are .5 seconds apart, the resistor would be at 95% and so on (.1sec=1% change). I would also need a manual adjustment or trim to control the relationship so that a .1 second pulse could equal 92% and a .5 could equal 60% (.1sec=8% change) and so on. The pulse time would range from 0.1 to 2.0 sec. If certain calcs exceeded the 10k range, it would just ignore the pulses and stay where it is.

I think an AD5206 digital potentiometer would be at the heart of this. But really, I'm not interested in making this, just getting it.

Thanks in advance for any help!

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2013, 10:25 
Project Author

Hi, Yes indeed. Contact Wayne at Pi Speakers (on the web). Collectively he and I have come up with what you need I think. He did the chips and such and I assisted with interfacing it. (he did what I think is the harder part). There is a thread about it on his forum (audioroundtable.com). Nice folks there.

Good listening
Bruce

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2013, 10:40 

Thank you so much. i have contacted hima nd we'll see where this goes.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2013, 06:30 

You can find out designing of electrical circuit using digital potentiometers from http://www.resistorguide.com/digital-potentiometer/