|DIY Audio Projects Forum
|pre module grounding
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||emosms [ 13 May 2020, 06:49 ]|
|Post subject:||pre module grounding|
I am building a multi-function 'pre' audio device.
(DAC, crossover, remote control, volume)
Need some advice on block diagram and grounding.
1. Is it a good idea to have the input selector and the output buffers on one PCB, sharing the same analog ground plane?
This way it is going to be the closest to the input/ output terminals.
2. I need to connect the crossover PCB to the above IN/OUT board. Is it ok to have multiple parallel GND cables (mostly signal shields)
- all cables/ shields are terminated both sides to a continuous ground plane (the orange strips).
- one of the cables is the power for the crossover PCB.
- I attach a diagram of the PCB connections.
Best Regards - Emil
|Author:||ILoveHiFi [ 13 May 2020, 19:56 ]|
|Post subject:||Re: pre module grounding|
More GND cables are better because it allows the current to spread more evenly so less ground loop noise.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group