DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 02 Jul 2020, 14:30

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2019, 15:07 
Project Author

Hi. Some new definitions provided for your edification. (good thing this is in OT)

1. Big Bang. When you are stopped at a traffic light and a large truck hits you from behind.
2. Worm hole. What I find in old pieces of wood.
3. Quantum entanglement. When your fishing line gets caught in the boat propeller.
4. Infinity. One of the cable TV providers.
5. Speed of light. How quick some drivers on meth drive.
6. Outer Space. Your back yard.
7. Light year. Only 364 days.
8. Star System. Hollywood walk of fame.
9. Inter Galactic. Distance between two gelatto shops.
10. String theory. What happens when you put a ball of yarn on the floor in front of your cats.
11. Alternate dimension. Where you brain goes on drugs.
12. Particle accelerator. A baseball bat.

Good listening
Bruce

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2019, 15:08 

Science in Turmoil - Are we Funding Fraud?
by Dr. Jeremy Dunning-Davies
http://www.thunderbolts.info/thunderblogs/guest_jdd.htm

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2019, 15:12 
Project Author

Hi. Added to my list

13. Black hole. Where all the information you send on the WEB goes (until someone uses it against you). Also a place in the bathroom...don't ask.

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2019, 15:13 

Relativistic temper tantrum thrown here: https://web.archive.org/web/20100221213 ... ysics.html
scroll down to Special Relativity Theory: Beyond Criticism
Quote:
Despite the consensus of a majority of physicists that special relativity is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, and general relativity proven at least with a high degree of confidence, there are reasonable arguments and pieces of evidence againstthese theories. But relativity dissidents are routinely censored from presenting their ideas at conferences or having them published in the scientific literature. John E. Chappell, Jr., the late director of the Natural Philosophy Alliance (an organization of relativity critics), relates the following suppression story: (22)

One of the most recent [suppression stories] comes from a new NPA member who, when doing graduate work in physics around 1960, heard the following story from his advisor: While working for his Ph.D. in physics at the University of California in Berkeley in the late 1920s, this advisor had learned that all physics departments in the U.C. system were being purged of all critics of Einsteinian relativity. Those who refused to change their minds were ordered to resign, and those who would not were fired, on slanderous charges of anti-Semitism. The main cited motivation for this unspeakably unethical procedure was to present a united front before grant-giving agencies, the better to obtain maximal funds. This story does not surprise me. There has been a particularly vicious attitude towards critics of Einsteinian relativity at U.C. Berkeley ever since. I ran into it in 1985, when I read a paper arguing for absolute simultaneity at that year's International Congress on the History of Science. After I finished, the Danish chairman made some courteous remarks about dissidents he had learned about in Scandinavia, and then turned to the audience for questions. The first speaker was one of a group of about 4 young physics students in the back. He launched immediately into a horrible tirade of verbal abuse, accusing me of being entirely wrong in my analysis, a simplification of the Melbourne Evans analysis-'Evans is wrong; you are wrong,' he shouted. He accused me of being way out of line to present my 'faulty' arguments on his prestigious campus. When I started to ask him 'Then how would you explain...', he loudly interrupted me with 'I don't have to explain anything.' The rest of the audience felt so disturbed by all this, that the question session was essentially destroyed."

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2019, 15:20 

gofar99 wrote:
Hi. Added to my list

13. Black hole. Where all the information you send on the WEB goes (until someone uses it against you). Also a place in the bathroom...don't ask.

What's the place in the bathroom?
:D

Regards
M. Gregg

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2019, 11:29 

http://sciliterature.50webs.com/RelativityDebates.htm

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2019, 21:39 
Project Author

Hi, I understand the math...it is how many folks balance their checking accounts. :D

Good listening
Bruce

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2019, 14:54 

Von Braun’s 50-Year-Old Secret: The US Explorer I Discovery that Could Have Saved the World ….
http://www.enterprisemission.com/Von_Braun.htm

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2019, 18:46 

Quote:
Total eclipses of the Sun by the Moon reach maximum eclipse about 40 seconds before the Sun and Moon's gravitational forces align. If gravity is a propagating force, this 3-body (Sun-Moon-Earth) test implies that gravity propagates at least 20 times faster than light.

French Nobel Laureate turns back clock: Marshall's global experiment, von Braun memories evoked during August 11 solar eclipse
https://web.archive.org/web/20000118121 ... ct99_1.htm

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2019, 04:00 

Just another thought,

On is terminator going to become real:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRj34o4hN4I

I notice there is quite a lot of talk now about AI and the singularity. It seems like the new space race is the AI singularity race, its in films more and more with emphasis on human companions. I wonder what the future holds?

Regards
M. Gregg

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next