DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 19 Sep 2017, 15:30

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2014, 06:55 

Really happy with how this project turned out and enjoying the audio!
Hoping to try some other tubes in the 12A*7 series soon to compare. The system sounds superb flat. The Scott Tuner in the photo has been thrown out, as I really never use it. The EQ unit is not connected in circuit at all. However, the spec-analyzer section of it receives a signal from a ceiling-mounted mic and serves as a decent room monitor.
A buddy is working on a pair of polished Mahogany sides for the enclosure to complete the unit. Plastic knobs will be replaced with some machined aluminum ones. Will post some photos when all that's done.
Thanks for the tips mwhouston!

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2014, 11:36 

Final touch, machined aluminum knobs .....now it's done!

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2014, 18:17 
Project Author

Impressive.

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2016, 09:30 
Project Author

No one has added anything here for a while???

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2017, 17:48 

mwhouston wrote:
No one has added anything here for a while???

hello my friends,

i recently completed the 6sn7 version and loved the sound. you can really hear the difference of the different 6sn7 used. my favorite so far is the shuguang cv 181 and psvane. its a perfect match for my junk bin45 set amplifier bu has too much gain for my pp 6l6. otherwise the preamp made my amps sound more dynamic without losing details and my sytem engaging.

I would like to build the mk3 black version. for the life of me, i can't find the schematic. please let me know where to find it.

i will post pictures later...

thank you suncalc and mwhouston for the efforts and generosity. i very much appreciate it.

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2017, 02:41 
Project Author

The Black is the third version MKIII, before going to the universal. I'll try and find the schematic.

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2017, 03:01 
Project Author

Here is the schematic for The Black .

Attachment:
image.jpeg

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2017, 05:01 

It had been great to fins some simple amps based on pensized tubes. On the other hand, it wouldn't be that difficult to pick load- and operating lines from tube data available.

I have a some 5718 which I will use in two amps - SE and PP with 5902, another tiny tube. Some of the pensize tubes operates on moderate voltages which could be handy on occassions. And they are small.

“If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.”
―Lewis Carroll

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36