DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 18 Sep 2020, 01:25

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2029 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203  Next
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2020, 17:26 

hello folks,my kt77 quartet just arrive,and i instaled on the oddblocks,how many time to them break in??
thanks.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2020, 17:39 

gonzalo guerrero wrote:
hello folks,my kt77 quartet just arrive,and i instaled on the oddblocks,how many time to them break in??
thanks.

I'm not a believer of break-in periods (for audio quality), but 100h will do.

What output transformers and speakers are you running? And how does it sound?

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2020, 18:30 

HT Performance wrote:
gonzalo guerrero wrote:
thanks.

I'm not a believer of break-in periods (for audio quality), but 100h will do.

What output transformers and speakers are you running? And how does it sound?

transformers custom from here http://www.audiolink.com.br/ ...cheap minisistem speakers....i was using with jj kt 88,the kt77 still with the same volume,but more controled bass,and more details,seems to me cleaner highs...like it very much.
thanks.

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2020, 19:53 

the jj kt77 has a extreme estability,one pair is with 60 ma,and the other with 61 ma and just not change....6,2 vdc on filaments
452 vdc on ht and very very nice sound...the ngv feedback is with 4.7 k resistor and 470 pf silver mica cap.
thanks to all.

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2020, 21:10 
Project Author

Hi, Some folks have thought the same too. You might like EL34s as well. Their different internal construction results in a slightly different sound that some folks like. A lot of the sound qualities of the amps are split between the coupling capacitors and the output transformers. Together they have a significant contribution to the sound. The amps have very little NFB and it is not used to fix sonic issues, just stability with really odd loads at frequencies in the 70KHZ range. BTW. I bi-amp my system and the amps working the subs (45HZ and down) are the original KT88 amps with current mods and ......they have the original tubes. They test perfect and balance consistently well. 1-2 ma off over a 6 month period. I have no clue how many hours are on them but it is well into the 1000s. Probably over 5000 now.

Good listening
Bruce

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2020, 17:35 

Thanks gofar 99,i will try some el 34's too...funy thing...kt77 seems have more bass than 88's....happy familly diy stereo oddblock,baxandall from this site too,and a rod elliot phono preamp...thankyou all

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2020, 19:02 

happy,happy family with kt 77's

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2020, 17:32 

Hi new member here and am planning to build this version.
My knowledge is limited but I'm trying to learn as much as I can.
I am working through a build list and I need to check on the specs on a few components.

The 1 ohm resistors that are used to test the bias, are they also 1W?
The 33k in the power supply right after the B+, is 1W good there too? (Due to my limited knowledge I was wondering if it was a dropping resistor)
What specs are suggested for the FBR? (If you have a part# from Mouser that would be great)
Also can someone suggest a part# for the Power Inlet? I checked on Mouser and got a choice of nearly 4000 but I'm not sure what I need

I am from Canada so I am buying from Parts Connexion and Mouser.ca

If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated
Regards
Knights

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2020, 17:47 

knightsofni wrote:
The 1 ohm resistors that are used to test the bias, are they also 1W?
Yes, 1W is OK, you can use even 0.5W here.
knightsofni wrote:
The 33k in the power supply right after the B+, is 1W good there too?
It is a dropping resistor and 1W is OK here too.
knightsofni wrote:
What specs are suggested for the FBR?
Don't like FBRs, but choise is great.
knightsofni wrote:
Also can someone suggest a part# for the Power Inlet?
It depends on your local voltage and wish to have integrated switch or not. You can look here.

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2020, 21:38 
Project Author

Hi, This filter is from digikey (not PCX ) and is fine, there are imports as well for lower cost. I seem to recall that some for under $10us that were OK.

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/ ... ND/9805988

I use the following ones in my amps from Mouser

https://www.mouser.ca/ProductDetail/Qua ... kYnEvhdA==

Good listening
Bruce

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2029 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203  Next