DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 28 Nov 2020, 15:25

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 24 Aug 2019, 05:05 

I loved reading Asimov's robot series (or the ones our library had) and the Foundation and Earth series. Its a shame there isn't more and has not yet been competently translated to cinema or TV. I haven't found too many other authors I enjoy of that genre. Huxley and Frank Herbert are also exceptions, Dune as a movie and book was great entertainment for its time - not really going out on a limb scientific discoveries though. Some of Asimov's technology sounds plausible maybe thousands of years in the future maybe sooner and smoothing over a few laws, ie Gaia as talked about in one of the videos and Gravity engines to power their "aware" spacecraft. There was one Asimov novel about time travel -sorry forgot the title - which was very good too, not the usual plot you see in movies these days.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2019, 14:45 
Project Author

Hi, I have over 1000 sci fi books. About 100 text books on electronics and scientific subjects as well. I stopped getting ones on some subjects as they were full of errors. I first noticed that with computer hardware. The sci fi books give me ideas...trouble is the technology is not there yet. I like your thoughts on entanglement and chaos theory they tend to explain my behavior. :D :D :eek: :eek:

Good listening
Bruce

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2019, 16:19 

gofar99 wrote:
Hi, I have over 1000 sci fi books. The sci fi books give me ideas...trouble is the technology is not there yet. I like your thoughts on entanglement and chaos theory they tend to explain my behavior. :D :D :eek: :eek:

Good listening
Bruce

Hi Bruce,

Thinking "double slit Exp" is the electron field a stream of particles or a wave when it goes through the Grid. :D

The more I reflect on new science ideas the more strange it seems.
What might the life on earth think about us in 1000 years time if we still exist.
Its very hard to believe all this is just a random event it all seems to complex to just work as it does.

Regards
M. Gregg

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2019, 16:38 

Woodo wrote:
I loved reading Asimov's robot series (or the ones our library had) and the Foundation and Earth series. Its a shame there isn't more and has not yet been competently translated to cinema or TV. I haven't found too many other authors I enjoy of that genre. Huxley and Frank Herbert are also exceptions, Dune as a movie and book was great entertainment for its time - not really going out on a limb scientific discoveries though.

Many films and books try to portray ideas from science,
The problem is that we may not exist at all the idea is a reflection on "who am I".
If we are biological computers then who am I?
If we are energy that is alive then who am I?
Do I actually exist at all?
Its interesting to contemplate "what if I only think I exist"?
It all sounds nuts but if energy isn't alive then what are we.
From Dune "let the sleeper awaken" is an interesting concept.
From inception "how do you know your not dreaming now?"
Reality as mankind sees it and actual reality are quite different. Look at history and then look at the Earth and universe.
How much is a creation of belief manifested on Earth its quite a shock that reality for us is an imagined "how it should be" creation.
Then to think its all just energy but energy with purpose (maybe) :D
Taking all this into account that the universe has created this not us!

Regards
M. Gregg

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2019, 19:29 

Here's a good one. :nuke:
Reg Cahill - Review of Experiments Contradicting Special Relativity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T07j1PVe16s

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2019, 21:36 
Project Author

Hi, Maybe we are all part of the Matrix.

Yes the split beam experiment is mind boggling.

Good listening
Bruce

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2019, 04:49 

gofar99 wrote:
Hi, Maybe we are all part of the Matrix.

Yes the split beam experiment is mind boggling.

Good listening
Bruce

Hi Bruce,

I started laughing the first time I heard that we are in a computer simulation.
I said it as a joke to some engineers I know and teachers some think its a possibility.. :confused:
What I said you really think it might be true, come on really?
Then I watched this next link and after watching it showed it to a college at work immediately he said what I was thinking about information only being there when observed to save processing power in a computer. Quote it sounds like the Heisenberg uncertainty principal.
Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcvuZTJFXig

So I'm not laughing now and I'm out on this one until it can be proved one way or another.
Quote the universe is pixelated at the planck length.

Regards
M. Gregg

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2019, 05:08 

A construct,

NB we can't opt out of the construct we have to live within its power but its interesting to think:

take a coin out of your pocket and look at it most think its value is Dollar, Pound (whatever your currency is) etc.
Then look again its a piece of metal its value is a creation that doesn't actually exist.
A medallion with power is called a talisman.
Ie you don't hear a bird on a fence say, hang on a minute I have to check my bank account.

Most things are created from the mind i.e. we want a chair we imagine how the chair should look.
We then create a 2D image of the Dream world chair which is now manifested in the real world.
Then we fashion materials and create the chair. How much of our world comes from the subconscious mind?

Regards
M. Gregg

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2019, 09:06 

The Farce of Physics
by Bryan G. Wallace
http://bryangwallace.dreamhosters.com/book/index.html

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2019, 12:40 

Its obvious that Physics doesn't have all the answers,

There are some interesting ideas in films and books.

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited by M. Gregg on 25 Aug 2019, 15:43, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next