DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 27 Oct 2020, 13:58

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: 11 Dec 2019, 06:25 

i recently listened to an ABC (like BBC) science podcast on how they want to teach young students einstein’s quantum physics in a meaningful way. i wasn’t aware they still teach newtonian physics only to tell them at uni the teachers have being “lying” them all this time and have hidden the reality. if they do this then hopefully some brilliant minds might then focus on the reality as we understand it now and advance it some more.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2019, 18:32 

Woodo wrote:
i recently listened to an ABC (like BBC) science podcast on how they want to teach young students einstein’s quantum physics in a meaningful way. i wasn’t aware they still teach newtonian physics only to tell them at uni the teachers have being “lying” them all this time and have hidden the reality. if they do this then hopefully some brilliant minds might then focus on the reality as we understand it now and advance it some more.

Just my thoughts. (again it has no merit)

I think the bottom line is to have some general foundation to then base other ideas on.
Its a bit like trying to comprehend infinity.
It's difficult to get a grip on, then I discovered that you can have different infinities :confused:
i.e. an infinity of sheep is not an infinity of cows and you can have an infinity of sheep and cows. (infinities within infinity)
The general consensus of infinity meaning all that exists which would seem to be incorrect.<<based on a construct of understanding.
Then the Venn diagram I had done at primary school made sense. :| one of those moments where its suddenly so obvious.
What is a probability of intersection.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj3_KqkI9Zo
Then the idea of a paradox is mentioned<< one idea linked to the Film "the time machine".
So over many years the ideas have been portrayed through films to a very wide audience.

Regards
M. Gregg

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2019, 16:35 

This was available on YouTube,

However its now only on dailymotion but worth a look if you find infinity interesting
Its Horizon to infinity and beyond.

Regards
M. Gregg

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2019, 02:05 

Will try to get to these videos and new songs tonight. It's leaving me less time for diy though :). Joking. Still getting quotes on wood for my fullrange speakers.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2020, 15:43 

I have seen this series before,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQSoaiubuA0

This has no merit.

however something "hit me" as an observation that had never occurred to me before.
Its an episode on entropy. When Brian Cox is explaining entropy he says there is no reason in physics that the wind can't lift the sand and deposit the grains to make a sand castle. (but it never seems to happen in reality). Then he makes a sand castle and says this will decay to its most stable level from order to dis-order just like the universe. Fair enough I thought, but then the sand castle only exists because Brian Cox made it and the wind doesn't.

:confused: so if its not made it doesn't exist in an ordered state. But the universe was ordered and following the collapse to dis-order the direction of time.
So what "made" the universe in an ordered state, does it require intelligence to create order. A chair exists because it came from a conscious mind, I can't think how it would naturally occur and again it decays to disorder, I never thought about it before.

Regards
M. Gregg

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2020, 07:02 

So what "made" the universe in an ordered state, does it require intelligence to create order.

Hi M.Gregg. that question if not yet resolved would earn someone a Nobel - if that was any consolation. In the interim it does my head in thinking about it. Maybe those mice from hitchhikers guide to the galaxy are pulling the strings. ;)

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2020, 17:51 

Woodo wrote:
So what "made" the universe in an ordered state, does it require intelligence to create order.

Hi M.Gregg. that question if not yet resolved would earn someone a Nobel - if that was any consolation. In the interim it does my head in thinking about it. Maybe those mice from hitchhikers guide to the galaxy are pulling the strings. ;)

:D yes thank's for all the fish! and it took so long to get the answer they could not remember the question.

I look at the complexity of the universe, its just incredible how something so complex can even exist at all.
It doesn't look like the result of entropy and disorder to me.
I was talking to a friend the other day and the thought came to mind (we are responding to each others thoughts "are we entangled").

Regards
M. Gregg

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2020, 05:35 

Here is another use for AI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwtC_4t2g5M&vl=en

My wife watched part of the terminator and said its not going to happen so I showed her this from the above link.
https://youtu.be/VwtC_4t2g5M?t=953

So I guess 3D printing can print a human skeleton in very strong material, then animate it.
During a slack period I watched this thinking it would be a laugh expecting to just skip through it but I couldn't help watching it.
I am never sure how to take Elon Musk but I have to accept things like Space X.
Elon Musk & Joe Rogan on Artificial Intelligence (some strong language but the content is interesting)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNas1VU_t5Y

Anyway..

Regards
M. Gregg

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2020, 19:05 

interesting videos still to finish. Interesting Musk says participation in social media mainly facebook etc and our forums comprise cyber-neural networks that are the basis the AI. we are doing our part in trialling and scaling up AI. Good to know we are doing our bit. :/ It’s a bit worrying about the probable use of AI by humans against human in the weapon sense but that is kind of expected based on history and current events as sad as it is. hopefully there are net benefits for society. Asimov robot books come to mind.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6