DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 12 Dec 2019, 01:10

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2019, 08:50 
Project Author

Hi, They will probably not respond. Send me a PM.

Good listening
Bruce

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2019, 03:46 

I didn't go into LDC7 too complicated yet, just entered the manufacturer's parameter settings and played with the box dimensions. For me working with imperial measurements is interesting having had to move to metric in the 60s. Good to practice the conversions though. Might help to delay dementia. .

Appreciation to Bruce for assistance with LDC7. :thumbsup:

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2019, 07:07 
Project Author

This driver works extremely well in a 60ltr ported box with their suggested port. And is cheap.

https://www.visaton.de/en/products/full ... g-20-8-ohm

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2019, 17:45 

mwhouston wrote:
This driver works extremely well.....

I did see this driver in my browsing and it does look good. I was aiming for a 5 or 6.5 inch driver and in the end went for a 6.5 ps180 Dayton audio which I estimate is 150-160cm diam. It looks quite nice and the few reviews of it I found are quite positive. It will bass shy. Still trying to settle on a box design. I have drawn up a possible design based on diyaudio.com members scottmoose and planet10s "Stinger" which I think was designed for an Alpair 6 or 7. I have some other options from the above bass reflex simulations. I had a dabble with hornresponse and Lenard audio transmission line simulations and posted results for comments but difficult to be noticed I guess or what I am doing is way off and naive. It's a bit of a learning curve. I am not expecting great bass response from a small fullrange. In the music I mostly listen to this shouldn't be a problem. If I put on a cd of orgel music from the cathedral of St. John the Devine I know what to expect. ;) The vistatons however may be a future project maybe in the 125-130cm, 5". They seem good value and may go well with a small subwoofer. There seems to be lots of competition in the 100-125cm, 4-5" range.

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2019, 20:27 
Project Author

He is my Mark Audio 12P build . I used their pencil tower design, the deeper one. I get 40hZ in room. And they test out to 20K. Very happy with the speaker.

http://retro-thermionic.blogspot.com/2018/08/voxuno-12p-with-markaudio-drivers.html

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2019, 06:18 

mwhouston wrote:
He is my Mark Audio 12P build...

Thanks Mark. Yes for some time I have admired your speakers. They're a good size. As I am looking to downsize in the not too distant future I am aiming for around the 16-20 litre mark. I may have to choose between these and my current two way commercial speakers too to keep things peaceful. :angel: I read good things about the markaudio range.