DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 22 Sep 2020, 22:00

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2020, 16:31 

I am looking at purchasing a chassis from Alibaba express, However, there are a lot of reports of unreliability in delivery and service. Has anyone dealt with these vendors?

The other option is to build a Wooden enclosure with an aluminum top plate. However, I would like to fine some plans if possible.

Regards John

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2020, 17:54 

I have heard a lot of bad abouthem but, I haven't used them because all the things I want from the is minimum order 50 and when you start talking 2 cylinder diesels that can be pretty pricey. So, now your chassis, What are you trying to do with it, THere are many ways to skin a Cat. Let me know, I will try to help..

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2020, 20:36 

Do you mean Aliexpress?
There are hundreds of vendors on that site. Some are better than others. Check the vendors feedback rating.
Personally I've never been stung. In fact, I've done better there than Amazon

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2020, 23:54 

blackdog wrote:
Do you mean Aliexpress?
There are hundreds of vendors on that site. Some are better than others. Check the vendors feedback rating.

Yes, I meant Aliexpress. The feed back rating is higher than average, so, I will go ahead.

Thanks for your help.

john

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2020, 00:54 

simo wrote:
blackdog wrote:
Do you mean Aliexpress?

Yes, I meant Aliexpress. The feed back rating is higher than average, so, I will go ahead.

Thanks for your help.

john

Hi John
i purchased a few low value items. a couple didn’t turn up at all but at least there was no problems getting a refund. I got a reasonably priced potentiometer which took about 6 weeks to arrive (free shipping) although arrived with a bent terminal. Packaging is somewhat variable.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2020, 01:35 

Woodo wrote:
simo wrote:
blackdog wrote:
Do you mean Aliexpress?

Thanks for your help.

john

Hi John
i purchased a few low value items. a couple didn’t turn up at all but at least there was no problems getting a refund. I got a reasonably priced potentiometer which took about 6 weeks to arrive (free shipping) although arrived with a bent terminal. Packaging is somewhat variable.

Yes, I figure if they don't send it I can make a claim for refund with Aliexpress. Do, not too much risk.

John

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2020, 11:01 

blackdog wrote:
Do you mean Aliexpress?

That's not surprising.

I bought something from amazon, then found it was over $3 cheaper from the actual vendor.

john

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2020, 11:00 
Editor

I recently signed up with ali. The first orders were slow to arrive, but my understanding it is our national mail service that is overwhelmed at the time due to excessive online orders. I've got a chassis on order from ali and it should arrive in the next couple of weeks (free shipping) and I'll report back when it arrives.

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2020, 20:37 
Editor

Quick update, the Ali chasiss arrived last week. It was clean, no oil or machine marks. Took about 1 month for delivery, about 1-2 weeks slower than advertised, but mail parcel traffic has been high past several month. Very good deal if you are not in a hurry.

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2020, 21:38 
Project Author

Hi, I have ordered from them a number of times in the past and it was always slow. Figure a month to 6 weeks usually.

Good listening
Bruce